Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Sushi... RAWvisions, even better than last time!

Sushi!
The raw vegan sushi I made the other night was so good, I found myself craving more, but wanting to tweak a few things. Main adjustment: I threw the cauliflower in the food processor with some Bragg Liquid Aminos (like soy sauce, but SO much better for you!), and I worked on my technique to make some artful, tiny, tightly rolled sushi this time around. They came out MUCH better, and prettier too! I was a little nervous to throw a raw asparagus spear in there, but it was quite yum! I also made some yummy seaweed salad from some dried wakame seaweed (soak for about 5 minutes and rinse thoroughly to bring back to life). It had some sesame oil, salt, pepper, cumin, a smidge of curry, and of course... sesame seeds. It was a delicious meal!
Raw Asian Inspired Meal, yum!

I can't believe I'm already five days in! I haven't noticed any detox side effects yet, although I have been tired... could easily be that I haven't been getting enough sleep. Other than that, I am finally starting to feel full and satisfied faster and with less food, which is great because I tend to overeat otherwise. It's going so well, and I'm not having any food craving devils on my shoulder!

No comments: