Monday, June 4, 2012

Raw Vegan Sushi Anyone? YESSS Please!!!

I've always wondered how I would go about making yummy sushi without fish, and especially without rice! Last night we decided to try making some incredible raw vegan sushi and it came out even better than expected! I managed to find some Raw (untoasted) Nori sheets to roll the sushi in (rolling mat a must!), and we filled it with some sliced cucumber, mushroom, carrots, some clover sprouts and lettuce. As the "rice" I had some cauliflower that I ran through the food processor with a little oil, it was perfect! SO good! I always figured sushi making would be difficult, but what could be easier than throwing a bunch of stuff out on a wrap and rolling it up! Ok, granted, slight learning curve to getting a tightly wrapped sushi roll as you have to be careful not to overfill it, but it was so much fun to make! If these first couple days of fruit smoothies, awesome salads and sushi is an indication of how yummy this month is going to be, consider me excited!!! Today is day three in my 30 days, and I feel pretty much the same as I did when I started with the exception of knowing I am doing so much better for my body by eating this way than I was previous. Today was a difficult one from the temptations of deliciousness around the workplace, but I powered through it!

Raw Veg Sushi!

No comments: