Saturday, February 18, 2012

Some Rawsome Food for a Healthy Bod

I'm just about 2 weeks in (and halfway done with) my Raw foods challenge, yay! I'm feeling great and seeing some results already from being about 6lbs down! I've also recently joined a gym, so my exercise efforts have been even more consistent. Exercise is as important in attaining a healthy happy body as diet is, and I am addicted to ZUMBA! It's a latin dance class that is very high energy and makes the hour fly by. If I can find a way to exercise that doesn't feel like exercise, I'm a happy girl. Check it out and find a class near you! The DVDs are great too! www.zumba.com.

My first week of eating raw I wasn't quite so sure what to eat, there were mainly just lots and lots of salads. This week though, I am starting to experiment around more with different recipes, and have added a ton of variety to my diet. No boredom here! For my spiralized zucchini, I've made fabulous cashew cream sauce out of soaked cashews, a little bit of water, and some seasonings. I threw in mushrooms as well, and it really felt like I was having a rich alfredo type sauce! I also made a raw marinara sauce from a couple of tomatoes, 1/2 a red bell pepper, smidge of oil, and seasonings, yum!

Pictured is a fabulous kale salad I made the other day. If you massage rough greens like kale with a little bit of oil for a couple of minutes, they soften and are much more pleasant to eat. I added walnuts, red pepper, sprouts, and broccoli, but you could really add in anything you like. Also, did you know that if you marinade mushrooms for even a couple of minutes they soften and have the same texture they do when cooked? A product I LOVE and want to share is called Bragg Liquid Aminos. It tastes like soy sauce, but is not fermented or heated, and contains 16 essential and non-essential amino acids. It is certified Non-GMO, is gluten free, and has no chemicals, no artificial coloring, no preservatives, and much less sodium. You can find it now in most grocery stores. For more info visit www.bragg.com.

No comments: