Monday, February 6, 2012

Here's to hoping these next 30 days will be RAWarding! :P

If Morgan Spurlock can live on crappy yucky McDonalds for 30 days, I figure I can make it through a challenge of 30 days of the opposite, and even further improve my health and progress! I have been inspired by a Jenna Norwood's documentary called "Supercharge Me" (www.jennanorwood.com) and the success she had doing 30 days of raw vegan goodness!

Today is day #1 of my raw foods detox/cleanse! Raw foodism is one of the healthiest ways a vegan, or anyone really, can eat, and I'm ready to jump into it for a month to see what all the hoopla is about! When you eat a food cooked above 105', enzymes that are intended to aid in digestion and absorption of the nutrients in the food are destroyed, so you are able to get much more nutritional bang for your buck by eating a food in it's natural uncooked state. Also, when you cook a food, a lot of the nutrients escape from it in the process, so it is doubly as good to leave it raw! I'm ready for lots more energy, optimal health, and perhaps a boost to my weight loss, woo!

I'm going to have to do things differently for sure for the next 30 days, but I'll be here to share my experiences and recipes with you all. So I'll be trading my soy lattes in for a smoothie, my pasta for salads and zucchini "pasta", and my So Delicious Dairy Free ice cream in for fruit... I can't even imagine how much better this will be for me! I think that by committing to eat this way for a month will branch me out even further in regards to which fruits and veggies I use/like, and I am hoping to pick up some awesome recipes along the way! My goal here is a month of learning and health, learning/feeling the benefits, as well as making healthier meal choices in the long run. After this, I don't expect to stay 100% raw, but hope that it will be a much bigger part to my diet than ever before. Wish me luck!

No comments: