Friday, February 10, 2012

Day 5 of My RAWvolutionary New Diet!

So today is my 5th day of my 100% raw foods diet. I've been experimenting around with all kinds of new yummy recipes to keep things interesting, and have not at all felt deprived. I've posted some pictures of the yummy stuff I've made! Did you realize that if you put raw zucchini in a spiral slicer, it comes out like angel hair pasta? Pasta is one of my favorite foods, but really, it's mainly that yummy al dente texture that is so appealing, along with a sauce... pasta itself doesn't have much taste on it's own. So I made my own vegan pesto from fresh basil, garlic, lemon juice, salt and raw walnuts in my food processor and added it to the zucchini. The salt and lemon draws a little of the water out of the zucchini and softens it to be pasta like. *Note: Leftover "pasta" will end up with a lot of excess water if you put it away with any kind of sauce on it, it is best to have them saved separately.


SO excited! Today at a check-up, my BLOOD PRESSURE was 102/68! Usually, my blood pressure stays around the 120/80 mark, so this is awesome! Proof that this diet is doing good things for me :D I am also down a couple of lbs, which is always nice! I know that with eating this way, I will surely get to a point of having tons of extra energy, but I don't think I'm feeling it quite yet. Any time you switch from the Standard American Diet (SAD diet), or even a vegetarian or vegan one, over to a raw diet, there is bound to be a little bit of detoxing going on. Because I am eating in a way that doesn't take much from my body to process and metabolize, it can spend more time "cleaning house" and repairing some of the damage that our environment, and foods we've eaten, have caused. Drinking lots of water is important to help flush all that nasty stuff out, and the first days of having that going on can make you feel a little run down. I haven't felt like I've been too lacking on energy, so I'm happy with that! All is well so far! Woo!

1 comment:

edlusign said...

let me know how it works out for you I eat a lot of raw but nowhere near a 100%